All pools, regardless of what sanitization method it uses (chlorine, salt, etc.) require regular maintenance and service.
A pool's filter will always need to maintained, water will always need to be skimmed and vacuumed, walls and floor need to be brushed, and pressure of water flow should frequently be monitored.
The Aquastaser simply eliminates the need for adding harsh and harmful chemicals to your pool.
Whether you have a cartridge filter, sand filter or diatomaceous earth filter, we strongly suggest that you monitor the filtration system regularly. A dirty filter can lead to increased pressure on the system, which will reduce the rate of flow to your pool. Reduced flow will decrease the Aquastaser's performance.
When performing filter maintenance we highly suggest the following steps to protect the Aquastaser device from being clogged by filter debris.
- Turn off your pump.
- Before removing a cartridge filter or backwashing your sand or d.e. filter, turn your 3 Point Ball Valve so that water can not flow to your Aquastaser, and flows out of the system.
- Remove your cartridge filter and clean according to manufacture directions OR backwash your filter.
- Replace your cartridge filter.
- Turn you pump on, and allow your filter and water to flush through the 3 Point Ball Valve for 15-30 seconds.
- Restore water flow to your Aquastaser.